1. Provide an enthusiastic “beaming” greeting to all customers upon entering the store or on the phone.
2. Get to know your customers and use their name.
3. Go out of your way to make customers feel important and valued. Give 100% attention to customers.
4. Move quickly to provide fast service.
5. Offer suggestions and promotions.
6. Thank customers for their business and invite them back. Without our customers we would not be in business. It’s imperative that they receive 100% of our attention and we show appreciation for their business. Additional Responsibilities Include: Cleaning & Housekeeping: Inside Restrooms: Floor, toilet, sink, mirror, walls, and ceiling clean and odor free. Soap, towels and toilet paper stocked Trash Cans: Emptied, clean and bags tucked out of site Doors & Windows: Cleaned as needed to be free of smudges, dirt and grime. No faded or unauthorized signs Floors: Swept and mopped, free of trash, spills, and stains Coolers: Doors and shelves cleaned free of stains and spills Rugs: Swept and free of trash Transaction Counter: Clean and organized Shelves: Clean and dust free Food Service area: Equipment and prep area clean and organized Back office and cooler neat and organized Coffee and Fountain Area: Clean, free of spills and trash Merchandise: Clean and dust free Cleaning & Housekeeping: Outside Parking Lot: Swept and free of trash, oil, gas spots, cigarette butts, and weeds Doors & Windows: Cleaned as needed to be free of smudges, dirt and grime. No faded or unauthorized signs Entrance Sidewalk: Clean, stain and trash free Trash Cans: Clean, not overflowing, and bags tucked Fuel Islands: Dispensers and nozzles clean Squeegies & towels on all islands, windshield buckets full Car Wash: Sweep inside Shoveling, salting and maintaining outside areas during inclement weather Merchandising Stock, front, and face all merchandise Bag Ice All merchandised priced Cooler fronted and labels faced Stock fountain, cooler, and freezer Brew Coffee No out of date merchandise Move and build displays. Sales Counter: Proper Cig. display, products priced Stock lottery supplies and cigarettes Control inventory and protects company assets. Accounting/Legal Proper cash, credit card, and check accountability at end of shift Basic math computation to count back change Adhere to policies on age restricted product sales Inventory Control: observe and react to shoplifters and gas theft Misc. Check in vendors, and gas deliveries Ability to operate POS, lottery, phone card and money order machines Attend store meetings Assists managers to recruit new employees. Candidate Profile: In addition to being able to perform the job duties outlined on page one, below are important expectations while working on our team. • People oriented, friendly, enthusiastic, smiles • Provides upward feedback to management • Respectful and polite • Able to work alone and on a team • Demonstrate a sense of urgency (move fast) • Able to stay busy between customers • Honest • Flexible • Willing to learn • Willing to help associates and customers • Communicates effectively with Store Manager, team members, vendors, and customers • Multi-Task: able to successfully complete multiple tasks independently • Dependable & punctual – consistently reports to work on time and provides proper notice if necessary • Performs tasks in a safe manner following company guidelines and protocols. • Identifies problems and resolves issues quickly and effectively Professional Image: Our professional image standards include: • Proper uniform and name tag at all times • No gossiping or profanity • Proper hygiene: showered, clean shaved, clean hair, no body odor, clean uniform, fresh breath, clean fingernails • No cell phone for calls or texting permitted while on duty, only emergency calls from family or friends can be placed to or from store phone only Position Requirements: Ability, Education, and/or Related Work History • Must be in physically good shape and able to lift bend and stand up to eight hours. • Must be able to balance on step stool or stepladder. • Must be able to work in a cooler at a temperature of 33 degrees for up to 30 minutes. • Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. • Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products. • Visual acuity to check identification. • Must be able to do basic math at the 8th grade level. • Must be able to speak, read and write English at 8th grade level and communicate with customers in English. • Class C Operator Certification Required.